I don’t believe that recipes have to be difficult or time consuming to be delicious. As long as quality key ingredients are incorporated into a recipe and used at the appropriate times, success is almost guaranteed. Experimenting with new flavors, especially from the Mediterranean region, is something I’m passionate about. Breaking the Greek food stereotype and educating others that it’s actually a vibrant and complex cuisine is a personal goal.
The Herb Companion
- The February/March 2012 issue includes my article on turning leftover bread into delicious winter-friendly dishes with five original recipes. Click here to view the complete article.
- The June/July 2010 issue includes four of my original recipes using freshly harvested summer herbs. Click here to view the complete article and accompanying recipes like Salsa Verde and No-Cook Fresh Tomato Sauce.
Here’s a list of some of the recipes I developed for Safeway SELECT magazine.
- Risotto with Bitter Greens from the May 2003 issue
- Strawberry and Nectarine Salad with Balsamic-Mint Vinaigrette from the June 2003 issue
- Corn and Blueberry Scones from the July/August 2003 issue
Both of the following stories featured several recipes and serving ideas incorporating Safeway private label products.
- Summer 2005 Dinner with Friends Feature-South American Style Cookout. Though billed as a summer feast, this grill story could be prepared any time of the year. Download the pdf.
- Spring 2007 Fresh From the Fields-Spring Herbs. Recipes from this story include Spring Herb Dipping Oil and Turkey Salad with Grapes and Toasted Walnuts.
Safeway Grilling Guide
This North American campaign promoted step-by-step grilling instructions with delicious recipes. Recipes were displayed throughout Safeway meat departments in the United States and Canada including mine for Basic Pork with Herb Rub and Flank Steak with Green Olive-Jalapeno Tapenade.